What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
Every used car shopper should understand the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles before making a purchase. Thankfully, it’s not at all difficult to understand what separates the two categories. We’ve broken down everything you need to know in order to make a decision today.
CPO vs. Used: Overview
- Every certified pre-owned vehicle is used, but not all used vehicles are certified pre-owned.
- In order to earn certification, a vehicle must pass a round of manufacturer-mandated testing, and fall within certain age and mileage limits.
- Unlike most used vehicles, certified pre-owned models generally include a warranty and roadside assistance, along with a Vehicle History Report.
Compared to your average used car, certified pre-owned vehicles are generally newer, better cared for, and more reliable!
What to Know About Buying a CPO Land Rover
Land Rover models are known as some of the most capable and dependable SUVs that money can buy. If you’re searching for a pre-owned model, choosing a Land Rover Approved vehicle can help to ensure safer and more enjoyable adventures. Here’s why:
- Every CPO Land Rover must be less than five years old, with fewer than 60,000 miles on the odometer.
- If it fits these requirements, the used Land Rover SUV must then pass a 165-point inspection
- You’ll enjoy the Land Rover Approved Certified Limited Warranty for up to seven years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Coverage starts on your vehicle’s original in-service date, and is fully transferable to another owner.
- Whether you’re driving near Englewood and Saddle River, or you’re far away from home, you’ll have access to 24/7 Roadside Assistance. Trip Interruption Coverage is also included.
What to Know Before Buying a Used Car
Choosing to buy pre-owned can always help you save, especially if you’d like to own a luxury vehicle. This much is true whether you buy used or CPO, but of course, vehicles that are not certified can often be found for much less than those that are!
If you’re willing to take a risk with a used car that hasn’t been certified, here’s what you should keep in mind:
- It’s still important to look for used cars with low mileage. Anything with less than 100,000 miles is a safe bet, but since used cars are lasting longer than ever, you can afford to push this boundary.
- We look over every used vehicle that goes up for sale on our lot, but you should thoroughly inspect any used vehicle before you buy.
- One of the benefits of buying used is that you’ll have a ton of historical data to look over. Browse forums and ask questions to find the best models and model years.
Shop for Pre-Owned Vehicles at Land Rover Paramus
You’ve come this far, but you still might be surprised to learn how much you could save on one of our discounted pre-owned vehicles! Start browsing our inventory today, and get ready to start a new adventure. You can even apply for financing at home in Englewood or Bergen County.
The 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport dimensions make this two or three-row SUV a perfect choice for Englewood-area adventurers. With up to 63.7 cubic feet of cargo space and plenty of room for your passengers, you’ll find it easy to transition between errands, road trips, and family vacations whenever the mood strikes. We’ve covered…
The 2021 Range Rover Velar is a truly unique luxury vehicle, instantly recognizable on Paramus roads for its bold design. If you’re checking out Range Rover Velar models, you may have asked about the Range Rover Velar S vs. R-DYNAMIC comparison, or other ways to compare Velar models. Land Rover Paramus has laid out everything you need…
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery is a well-rounded five- or seven-passenger SUV that can handle just about any adventure with room to spare. Of course, that’s not the only reason it stands out. Whether you’re interested in finding the right interior trim or you’re on the hunt for the perfect suite of technologies, our guide…