Land Rover Lease Return Center in Paramus, NJ
Our Land Rover lease return center is located in Paramus, NJ, at 405 NJ-17. If your current contract is coming to an end and you’re preparing to return a leased vehicle, read on to find out what to expect from your visit! You’ll have several different lease-end options to consider, and if you do end up returning the vehicle, there are a number of steps you’ll need to take before you visit. We’ve laid out everything you need to know!
What Are My Lease-End Options?
When your leasing contract comes to an end, you’ll need to pay a visit to our Land Rover lease return center. While you can certainly choose to return the leased car, pay any remaining fees, and work out the next steps on your own, you’ll really have four basic options to consider. Choose the path that’s best for you:
- You can execute a lease-end buyout and bring the leased vehicle home for good.
- For most drivers, the simplest option will be to return the leased vehicle, pay any remaining fees, and start a new lease or financing agreement with our team.
- You can also return the leased vehicle, pay any remaining fees, and take the next steps elsewhere.
Hoping to get more information on your options? Take a moment to explore our most useful car-buying and leasing tips.
Preparing to Return a Leased Car
If you’ve stayed within your mileage limit, kept up with maintenance, and avoided excess wear and tear, your Land Rover lease return should be as easy as one, two, three!
- Complete all scheduled maintenance on your checklist. Then, make sure that none of your warning lights are on or flashing. Ideally, you’ll be able to take care of any issues before you pre-inspection.
- Clean the interior of your vehicle, remove any personal items, vacuum it out, and wipe down the windows. Although we’ll clean your vehicle’s exterior, a car wash might help you to identify excess wear and tear more easily.
- Make sure that all original equipment is returned with your vehicle. This may include keys, car covers, floor mats, cargo organizers, or anything else that came with your vehicle.
- Schedule a pre-inspection with an independent team and identify any excess wear and tear. Make sure that your tires are in good condition, too! If you’ve gone over your mileage limit, prepare for fees at the time of your return.
After you’ve checked off every item on this list, contact us to make an appointment and return your leased vehicle.
What is a Lease Buyout?
If you’d rather purchase the vehicle you’ve been leasing instead of returning it to our dealership, you’ll need to execute a lease buyout. This essentially means that you’ll finance the remaining value of the vehicle and bring it home for good.
So, what is a lease buyout exactly? There are two different ways your buyout could go:
- A lease-end buyout is the most common type of buyout. Generally, you’ll reference your contract to identify the buyout price.
- An early lease buyout is more complex, since there may be early termination fees and you’ll still be on the hook for whatever value of your leasing contract remains unpaid. However, an early lease buyout may still be a good option if returning your leased car would require you to pay a wide range of charges and fees.
We’re Here to Help with All of Your Leasing Needs and Questions
Before you return your current leased vehicle or start a new lease at our dealership, make sure to explore our current special offers and our complete new vehicle lineup! We know you’ll love what you find, and we’re just a short drive from Ridgewood.