Land Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz
Whether you’re comparing the Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz G-Class or the Range Rover Evoque vs. Mercedes-Benz GLC, our luxury SUVs have more of what you need. Although these two manufacturers offer similar benefits and protections to Ridgewood and Jersey City drivers, those who want to break free from the beaten path will find that the Land Rover nameplate has much more to offer.
Less Than 5 Years & 60,000 Miles
Certified Pre-Owned Qualifications
Less Than 6 Years & 75,000 Miles
Up to Seven Years or 100,000 Miles from In-Service Date
Certified Pre-Owned Coverage
Up to One Year from CPO Purchase or NVLW Expiration
2021 Range Rover vs. 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class 2021 Range Rover Evoque vs. 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC
2021 Range Rover Evoque vs. 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC
Land Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz: Brand Benefits & Protections
Both Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz offer New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage for up to four years or 50,000 miles, and each offers roadside assistance for as long as you retain that coverage. Neither offers complimentary scheduled maintenance. However, there are several important areas where these two brands differ:
- A certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz can have as many as 75,000 miles, and be up to six years old.
- The cutoff for CPO Land Rover SUVs is 60,000 miles or five years of age.
CPO Warranty Duration
- All Land Rover CPO SUVs are backed by a warranty for up to seven years or 100,000 miles (starting from their initial in-service date), whichever comes first. Since a model can not be more than five years old at the time of certification, you’ll automatically enjoy at least two years of CPO warranty coverage.
- If your CPO Mercedes-Benz is less than four years old, you’ll enjoy whatever remains of the NVLW, plus an additional twelve months of coverage–up to five years total. If your chosen CPO vehicle is older than five years, your twelve-month CPO coverage period will kick in immediately.
Land Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz: Features & Capabilities
With the exception of the well-known G-Wagen–a boxy SUV that costs upwards of $130,000–no Mercedes-Benz can keep up with a Land Rover SUV on the trails. While not all Land Rover SUVs offer the same features, many (including the flagship Range Rover) offer the following:
- Terrain Response® & Terrain Response® 2
- Hill Descent Control®
- All-Terrain Progress Control
- Impressive wading depth with Wade Sensing technology
- Twin-speed transfer box
- Low-Traction Launch
- Full-time four-wheel drive
Those comparing Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz should know that our new vehicles don’t just offer peerless off-road capability. They also offer advanced technologies and luxuries that rival everything Mercedes-Benz has to offer!
Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz: A Closer Look at the Lineup
Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz G-Class
“G-Wagen or Range Rover?” is one question we hear time and time again. Well, the G-Wagen certainly has some unique charm and longtime fans, but when it goes head-to-head with the Range Rover, it’s clear where the advantage lies:
- The Range Rover offers 11 trims in 2021, compared to just two for the G-Wagen.
- Only the Range Rover offers an extended wheelbase, offering more than 46 inches of rear legroom for your passengers. Executive-Class Rear Seating is also available.
- At top-level trims, the Range Rover is more powerful. And, since multiple available trims cost less than the starting price of the G-Wagen, those who wish to spend less can choose the perfect engine for their needs.
Range Rover Evoque vs. Mercedes-Benz GLC
Maybe you don’t need one of the largest and most luxurious vehicles around. In the compact class, the Evoque goes head-to-head with the GLC:
- Although they cost about the same, only the Evoque offers standard all-wheel drive. The GLC offers rear-wheel drive as standard, and you’ll have to pay extra for more security.
- The Evoque is almost a foot shorter than the GLC, and it also turns more tightly. Both factors make it the model of choice for those who spend a lot of time running errands in Fort Lee.
Continue Your Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz Comparison Today!
Step into our virtual showroom to continue your Range Rover vs. Mercedes-Benz research from home–or schedule a test drive in the model of your choice. If you’re still narrowing down your options, explore more of our Land Rover comparisons to get a better sense of where your best hopes lie.